Friday, February 1, 2008

Double Whammy

Good News: Drew made it through the night, sleeping until 7:30 this morning.

Bad News: When I entered Drew's room, it stunk! I thought maybe he had a dirty diaper, but it didn't smell like his normal dirty diapers. Upon further investigation, I determined I was smelling rotten milk. He had vomited at some point during the night (gross), and proceeded to sleep in it. Double gross! He didn't eat well yesterday, and after not eating much for breakfast (5 small slices of kiwi is all) and throwing up again in his high chair, I knew something was wrong. A diarrhea diaper confirmed my suspicions. A call into the doctor's office told me that Drew probably has both an upper respiratory infection (hence the runny nose and cough) AND some kind of stomach bug. Oh yes, a mother's dream. On the plus side, his mood is otherwise normal. Chipper and happy, playing as usual. If only we were all like that when we're sick! Lots of fluids and TLC, and hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.

It's too bad Drew doesn't feel well. We got about 8 inches of snow last night. It would be a perfect afternoon to go jump in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment