Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mood Swings

Sheesh! Drew's worse than a pregnant woman raging with unbalanced hormones! Last week was a tough week for us. Taking cues from Drew's constantly runny nose and his need to chew on his fingers continually, I'm concluding that Drew's second year molars are about to make an appearance. And the whining! Oh my, the whining! If he wasn't whining, he was crying. And if he wasn't crying, he was pouting. And if he wasn't pouting, he was throwing a tantrum. And if he wasn't throwing a trantrum, it was a miracle. All week long. It's amazing either of us are still alive. This has been the worst, as far as teething is concerned...and well, as far as anything is concerned. I wish all those people who say "Drew's so sweet and quiet" could have seen him last week! Thankfully, for today, he seems to be a bit brighter. His mood is much better, dancing around, throwing himself on the floor, talking up a storm and making funny faces. For now, I will be naive enough to think that the worst is behind us!

...or maybe it's not his teeth at all... Maybe Drew had so much fun with Grammy D and Great Auntie B a couple weekends ago that he's just acting out against me because I'm not as fun?!?!?

NOOOOO, that couldn't be why! :)

I was able to take my own vacation by spending a long weekend with my cousins. And while I had a blast with "Cousin's Weekend," Drew had a blast with "Grandma's Weekend!" My mom and my aunt met up with us to take Drew and my cousin's two boys to Great Auntie B's house for the weekend. If only I could have been a fly on the wall to see all the chaos as two Grandma's took take of three very active boys, all under the age of 4! From what I hear, through, a great time was had by all! I don't have any pictures to post, of course, since I was having fun on my own. So many many thanks to Grammy and Auntie B! A weekend away for this mom was exactly what I needed... although next time, would you mind taking with you the crabby kid who's second year molars are coming through, and give back to me the sunshiney smiley kid who's happy all the time?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment