Thursday, October 23, 2008

Not So "Extreme"

Drew and I went down to the Extreme Makeover site this morning, with temps in the low 40s. Here's what Drew thought about that...


There were a lot of trucks and construction equipment all throughout the street so the site area wasn't as viewable, although it seems as though they accomplished a lot throughout the night. You can see here that they've gotten the foundation walls (I don't know the technical terms) done and are pouring in sand/dirt to level out the ground(?). I can tell you that this house will be significantly larger than the old one (as they all are on this show). It already appears to be twice as large; unfortunately, I think they'll lose any backyard space they had.


No star sitings as I think most of the designers are tucked away in their RVs (parked a couple blocks away), staying warm while they make their preparations. This is what I believe to be the volunteer tent (directly across the street from the house) and some volunteers milling about.


I thought about going back tonight to see how far they've come today (they were supposed to start framing the house early this afternoon), but it's been raining all afternoon and evening. I also thought about going by tomorrow morning, but according to the forecast it isn't going to stop raining until afternoon/early evening. I'm not so wild about facing that kind of weather, especially if Ty isn't going to be around. :)

Drew and I will be heading out tomorrow morning for a short weekend visit to Des Moines (more on that later) so won't probably go back to see all the hub-bub until Sunday, and that's only if we feel like braving the crowds. Otherwise, I have yet to hear when the family is coming home for the big reveal, but we'll definitely be there for that!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Drew's face, if that just doesn't say it all! Hope you get your sighting of Ty! I would stand in the rain if I got to see Ty!

    ReplyDelete