Monday, January 23, 2012

Readers' Picks

The boys and I continue to enjoy going to the library on a (semi)regular basis.  And we'll continue to enjoy it so long as the librarians don't kick us out on account of being too loud.  

Who, us?  Loud?  Noooooooo.

Anyway, I digress.

We typically check out anywhere between eight and twelve books, but the boys usually latch on to maybe three of them and want them read to them.  Over.  And over.  And over and over and over.  {I did read somewhere that repetitive story reading is very good for the verbal development of children, as well as for their imagination and reading skills.  On the other hand, repetitive story reading drives.this.mama.crazy.  Like, a lot.  If my children ever say I never did anything for them...}

{If I ever - e.v.e.r. - have to read Dora's Big Birthday Adventure again, I'll explode.  For reals.}

Here's a little - er, scratch that - quite lengthy list of the books the boys have enjoyed, several.times.over, in the last several months.

Taking a Bath with the Dog and Other Things that Make Me Happy
by Scott Menchin

Cluck O'Clock
by Kes Gray

Children Make Terrible Pets
by Peter Brown

Cloudette
by Tom Lichtenheld
{I am a huge fan of Tom Lichtenheld.  His stories are sweet and the illustrations are awesome.  I highly recommend.}

Do You Have a Hat?
by Eileen Spinelli

Young MacDonald
by David Milgrim

The Three Swingin' Pigs
by Vicky Rubin

Dinosaur Roar!
by Paul & Henrietta Stickland

Say What?
by Angela DiTerlizzi

Tacky Goes to Camp
by Helen Lester

My Truck is Stuck!
By Kevin Lewis

Whopper Cake
by Karma Wilson

Dogfish
by Gillian Shields

Dora's Big Birthday Adventures
by Lauryn Silverhardt
{Whoever introduced her to my kids...you hate me, don't you?}

Eat Your Peas
by Kes Gray
{One of my favorites, too.  Clever and funny.}

The Seven Silly Eaters
by Mary Ann Hoberman

No comments:

Post a Comment