Friday, February 15, 2013

For the Love

My intentions for the two weeks leading up to Valentine's Day were just that...intentions.  Not a decoration or game or gimmick or treat was unearthed from its storage box in anticipation of Heart Day.  I really like Valentine's Day...but as the only girl in a house full of guys, it loses it's luster a bit when I'm the only one that really digs all things pink and sparkly.  And although I know my hubs loves me so...he isn't the romantic sort.  So it kinda just ends up with me expressing love towards myself.  Ha! :)

At the end of the day, though...in a smooshy mooshy love-sick sorta way...how lucky in love am I that I ended up with three boys to love on?  And three boys to love on me??  Seriously.  Best gift ever.

With all that we didn't do for love day, we did do some stuff.


It took Drew a couple nights to put together Valentines for his class.  He opted to use the Star Wars printable I found HERE via Pinterest.     


His class party was Thursday afternoon, and I was fortunate enough to be able to be there to help.  The holiday parties are run like centers; the kids divided into four groups that rotate to four different stations: craft, game, snack and for Valentine's Day, one station to open and look at the cards they received from their classmates.




It was also a Spirit Day at school: dress like a rock star.  Subtle but secure Drew opted for his "Born to Rock" shirt. (Thanks, Perry!)

Because I had done nothing leading up to Love Day, I really wanted to do something.  Because letting a holiday go by without any pomp or celebration is like hearing a small orchestra of puppies whimpering...so, so sad.  So I opted for a Valentine themed dinner to celebrate my three loves.



{idea found HERE via Pinterest}

I was repaid with these kind of snuggles afterwards...


...followed by being taken out to eat tonight by all three of my men.


My gift?
This gem from Drew.

In Spanish: "Te amo Mama." {I love you, Mom.}
Heart. Melted.

And this.  This made me split a side laughing so hard...
A walking valentine man.
With a mustache.
A mustache!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment