Sunday, February 21, 2010

Picture of the Day, Week 7

Before I get to my POTDs, I wanted to share my title page for this album. I've had this idea for a while, but I finally took the time to put it together. It's a really simple idea, but this is where my perfectionism gets the best of me. I would like to say it took just a few minutes to put this together (and for a normal person, it would have), but even with this very simple, no-thinking-required kit, I still find myself making it more difficult than necessary. I finally threw my hands in the air and thought "who cares?" when I remembered that it's not about the perfectionism or balance or excess or beauty (because when it comes to beauty, this kit requires nothing; it's beautiful all on its own) on the pages, it's about the memories that are being preserved within the pages.

So, here's the title page.

The quote in the lower left pocket reads "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big." (Robert Brault) I found this to be a fitting mantra for the theme of this book.

On to this week's POTDs...


Tonight Brad and I had our first date in over a year (if you don't count our vacation to San Francisco back in November). We went out for dinner at Applebees and then went to see "Valentine's Day" at the theater. (Fitting, huh?) Yep, Brad let me pick. And yep, I am that hoaky.

Good-bye waves to Grandma.

Tuesday
I don't have a picture for today...yet. I am a frequent reader of many scrapbooking blogs, and many of them do giveaways every now and then. I entered one such giveaway (leaving a comment automatically makes you eligible to win) on Allison Davis' blog (she's a beautiful scrapper; one of my favorites, of course). I opened her blog today to read the most recent post and saw that I WON! I'll take a picture of my prize when it arrives in the mail and use it as today's POTD. I may also print the post and use an 8 1/2 x 11 page protector to include it in my album. (If you'd like to see for yourself, go here. Side note: I am equal parts excited and embarrassed to have won. This was a very rare occasion in which I didn't go back and proofread my comment before publishing. It's ugly. Really ugly. I blame it on sleep-deprivation, lack of caffeine, and tried potty-training patience!)

This is one of those moments when I see how sweet my toddler can be. Teddy is Drew's must-have f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e snuggly. For him to let Luci cuddle with him, is a pretty big deal. When I discovered this, it made me smile.

Just another perfectly normal Thursday night. :)

The bigger the mess = the better the day. And it wasn't even 10am yet!

These guys have become a staple in our house. Drew's favorite toy, by far, and an ever-growing collection thanks in part to potty training (and my desire that Drew should have every.single.car. A bit over the top...believe me, I know!)


2 comments:

  1. Hello, you have a great week of pictures. I liked the all and can't choose a favorite. Congradulations on winning a new sketchbook from the TERRIFIC, AWESOME, COOL, Allison Davis. I love her blog and all her layouts, she has the same style that I like and try to do on my pages, only hers looks so good. I just ordered a sketchbook #5 from her and got it yesterday. Your boys are so cute, love all the toys out that early, you can tell they've been playing. One of my favorite kid movies is Cars, my son only kinda liked it, so you are a lucky mom to have all these cool cars. The title page for your album is nice too, love the quote you added to it, might have to borrow that if you don't mind. I'm thinking of putting pictures of our family in it too. Have another great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just visiting from Jessica's blog.....love love LOVE your title page! I have been going back and forth with mine.....awesome quote too...might have to borrow that ;)
    good luck with the rest of PL!

    ReplyDelete