Sunday, February 5, 2012

Project Life {Week 5}

Wowza, did we have quite the week!  And for once, I don't have the two little boys to thank/blame --- it was the big guy this time around.  I'll spare the bitter details, for both Brad's sake and for yours, so I'll just summarize...
  • Brad had outpatient surgery on Monday morning.
  • He was anemic prior to surgery, and lost a normal amount of blood during the procedure.
  • We come home mid-afternoon... Brad passes out around 5:45 that night.
  • 911 is called. Police officer and ambulance arrive.  Brad has snapped out of it, but not in good shape.
  • Taken to ER via ambulance.
  • Proceeds to spend two nights in the hospital, receiving blood transfusions to raise his hemoglobin.
  • Comes home Wednesday, late afternoon, to recoup from both surgery and his hospital stay.
Obviously, it's not quite as simple as it sounds, and I am going to type up the whole story and insert it into our album for posterity sake.  But let me just tell you this - I was scared out of my ever-lovin' mind.  Two things I learned during this experience: 1) I really, honestly, don't know what I'd do without Brad, and 2) God hears me.  Well, I've always believed the second, but when He answered my prayer within two seconds of saying, yeah, He's for real.  And He did it twice.  

So anyway, Brad is on the mend, and is much better now than he was at the beginning of the week.  He still has some recovery to get through, so he could use some additional prayers for that.

This week was a bit light on photos, and many were taken with my cell camera (I was on the move a lot this week), however I was still able to capture a few other stories this week.

{In recovery after surgery.}

{The texts I sent to Brad while he was in the hospital - per his request.  He missed his boys.}

 {The boys, upon hearing that Daddy is coming home!}

{Making snowmen with Papa.}

 {Reed has had a cold for over a week, and Thursday night he complained that his ear hurt.  We dashed off to the after-hours Express Care and got an antibiotic for an ear infection.  He cuddled with me after we got home, and quickly fell asleep.  I held him for longer than I needed to while he slept - it's been a long time since I've rocked him to sleep, and it was nice.  And I know I look angry in the picture - I wasn't.  Bad angle, maybe? :)}

 {When my dad has a late night bus trip, it has become a bit of a habit for him to stop by the grocery store to pick up some day-old donuts.  What was once a special treat for the boys has become quite the expectation.  Earlier this week Papa brought home plain glazed donuts.  Drew scolded him, saying they weren't the good kind because they didn't have sprinkles.  Papa was sure to bring these home the next time!}

 {Drew has been anxious all week to go to the store to spend his birthday money, and we finally made a trip to Walmart on Saturday.  He knew just what he wanted (more legos) but was a bit overwhelmed by all the choices!  He finally settled on two, and is as happy as a lark with his new favorite things.}

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Sorry to hear about your tough week - glad Brad is on the mend. Praying for a better week for you all! :-)