Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Best Weekend Ever

We arrived back home last night after a long weekend spent in Minnesota, celebrating the wedding of my brother and his bride.  It was one of those weekends that you look forward to for forever, it goes by way too quickly, and then upon returning back home, realize how much it stinks to be back home.

I love my family.

And I miss them so much.

The four of us loaded up the van early Thursday morning and spent the day traveling to my parents house.  We arrived after dark that night, and the wedding festivities began promptly on Friday morning and continued throughout the weekend.

Saturday, Wedding Day, was obviously the highlight.  The weather had been questionable all week, as everyone watched several different weather sources predicting a 60% chance of rain.  This does not bode well for an outdoor wedding!  And rain it did.  But by 2:00, when the photographer was to begin shooting, the rainclouds had ceased, and although still cloudy and a bit breezy, the rain stayed away for the rest of the day.

Perfect.

Here are a few photos from Saturday, courtesy of Brad (he played photographer, dad, and supportive family member all weekend long).


 We put the littles to work, toweling dry the chairs from the rain earlier in the day.

 Cutest flower girl ever?  Yes.




 With my new sister!

 Plenty of video games to keep them occupied.  Thank you, modern technology.



 Wow.  This photo doesn't get taken very often.
My family.
Love.

 Aack!  And this family!  LOVE THEM!

 My brother waiting for his bride.


 There just aren't any words that are *cute* enough to describe how I feel about this photo.




Wedding: awesome.

Reception: awesome.

Seeing much extended family: awesome.

Sunday brunch & gift opening: awesome.

Having to come back home on Monday: not awesome.

But I guess after missing three days of school, it was appropriate that my children go back.  And learn and stuff.

For Justin & Mindy & Perry:  Congratulations!  And Thank You! for allowing us to be a part of this day and this weekend.  We are incredibly happy and excited to have seen the three of you become an "official" family, and by extension, an "official" part of our family.  I thought of you much of my drive home, feeling so full.  I love you so much!

Needless to say, I cannot wait for Christmas, to see you all again!







1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding and you, my friend, look fabulous! :-) Missy

    ReplyDelete