Monday, October 21, 2013

Top 10 Reasons I Hope It's a Girl

Alternately: The post wherein I forever emotionally damage my third son because he, in fact, is not a girl.

Not to fear.  The rebuttal "Top 10 Reasons I Hope It's a Boy" to follow.



10.  Pink is a really great color.

9.  Strawberry Shortcake.  Need I say more?



8.  I grew up with two boys.  Now, I am raising two boys.  It's my turn, golldarnit!

7.  The odds of this girl being the cutest little sweetheart that walked the planet are pretty darn good (said with no humility whatsoever).

{Someone tell me that they, too, see so much of Reed in that first picture.  Pleeeaaasse!}

6.  Dresses.  Bows.  Flowers.

5.  This outfit.

I went shopping today for coming-home-from-the-hospital outfits for both a boy and a girl, and I was determined that I was going to find something pink for the potential girl in my belly.  However, when I spied this number, I about died.  The ruffles!!!  Aaackk!

4.  Being the only girl alongside two older brothers is pretty darn special.  I should know.



3.  I would love to be able to fulfill a promise I made many moons ago, to continue the use of the family (middle) name "Kay."

2.  I'd like to allow Brad in on the super special relationship between a Daddy and his little girl.

1.  To have the opportunity to create, establish, nourish and grow that special mother-daughter bond, such as I have with my own mom, would be simply golden.


1 comment:

  1. Ha! This is great. Can't wait for the '10 reasons I hope it's a boy' post! Missy :-)

    ReplyDelete