Sunday, February 6, 2011

Picture of the Day, Week 5


Sunday {1.30.11}
Super funny story...
Drew's eating lunch; I'm cleaning up the kitchen. All the sudden he whispers, "Mom, there's someone in the kitchen with you!" I freeze, and whisper back, "WHO?" to which he says, "YOU! There's two of you!" It took me a second to figure out what he was talking about, but I eventually realized that he was crossing his eyes! Don't tell the optometrist, but I had him do it again so I could get a picture. Is that funny, or what?!

Monday {1.31.11}
When I hadn't gotten the boys out of their jammies and into their clothes by noon, I declared it a pajama day. Sometimes, you just gotta.

Tuesday {2.1.11}
The 2011 Blizzard included thundersnow, 45 mile per hour winds, 15 inches of snow, and no school for Drew all week.

Wednesday {2.2.11}
It isn't unusual for us to watch our friends' daughters occasionally, but we watched them today because our friends have been displaced for a while. ... They had a fire in their kitchen Tuesday night (in the middle of the blizzard!), and are staying in a hotel until they find a rental for the duration of reconstruction. The boys had a great time with the girls, racing cars, watching movies, and other such fun things.

Thursday {2.3.11}
For as long as I've known Brad (10 1/2 years), he's had the bad habit of biting his nails and cuticles. He said to me earlier this week that he's going to try to stop. Despite that grody middle finger there, they look pretty good (for Brad!).

Friday {2.4.11}
One of my goals for this year is to commit to cooking more dinners for my family. (So far, so good!) This also includes beginning to go through my massive stack of "recipes to try". This was a new one, courtesy of Rachael Ray: Philly Cheesecake Stuffed Garlic Bread. I had to substitute a few ingredients, but it turned out great!

Saturday {2.5.11}
Drew and I went on a "date" this morning. "Date" is loosely defined as Me, Drew, Errands, and a Special Treat. We don't get a whole lot of time, just the two of us, so I try to make some of our normal routine special for him. M&Ms before 11am...that's pretty special!




3 comments:

  1. Yay for snow days! As a teacher, I think I love them just as much as the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Lesley. Wow, can't believe that snow!! Looks like you had a busy week with all the kids at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGsh...Friday's meal looks amazing! I'm drooling-no joke! mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete