Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grandpa & Grandma

It was another whirlwind weekend here...as evidenced by the fact that it has taken me until Thursday (again!) to blog about it! Sometimes it takes a while to catch my breath!

You probably noticed in my Picture of the Day post that I was gone from Friday until Saturday. I had the amazing opportunity, once again, to see beloved Bible teacher Beth Moore at a Living Proof Live conference in St. Louis. I have done many of her Bible studies, and saw her last fall in Springfield, so seeing her again this year was the icing on my spiritual cake. Twenty-two other women from church went along, as well, and it was an incredible time of study, worship, and fellowship.

How I loved it.

So, as you guessed, the boys were on their own.

Well, not really.

Brad had a wedding to perform on Saturday afternoon (which also means rehearsal on Friday night), and with the passing of one of our church members Wednesday night of last week, he also had a funeral to preside over on Monday morning.

Reinforcements were needed.

One simple phone call later, and Grandma and Grandpa were on their way.

They arrived Friday around noon, just as I was leaving town, and were able to stay until late morning on Monday so that I could get a few things done Sunday afternoon and attend the funeral on Monday morning. I didn't get any pictures taken with my camera so all of these photos are courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa.

Our BIGGEST thanks to you! It's amazing how much I can get done when given just a few hours to myself! Of course, we know it isn't that great of a hardship to play with these two bugaboos...except for maybe a temporary case of exhaustion! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment