Friday, July 23, 2010

On the Road Again


Remember this?

Today was the sequel.

The boys and I were on the road again today, headed to Minnesota because I just couldn't stand another day away from my new baby niece.

And, minus Barney and torrential downpour, it was almost an exact replay of last summer's travel adventure!

This time, we got hung up in road construction on both I-80 and I-35 (nothing like matching bookends for our journey!).

But this time, this mama got smarter.

I created my own detour...twice...and after it rained Cheerios inside the van, the seatbelt was colored with red-orange crayon, and I flipped an illegal u-turn, we pulled into Grammy and Papa's driveway in 8 hours and 45 minutes.

This mama is going to be even smarter next time...and choose an entirely different road!

For the record, the Imagination Movers make the final, trying two hours of a long car ride much more bearable.

And arriving to meet this little face....


...made every delay and detour totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment