Saturday, May 29, 2010

More Minnesota Fun

I included several pictures in last week's POTDs from our week-long stay at my parents house in Minnesota. But that didn't capture all the fun we had.

Take a peek into the rest of our week!


It's a long story as to why I did this, but I ruined my mom's surprise of having Dr. Mater at her house to give to Drew. That's pretty much all he could talk about. It was the only reason he could think of as to why he wanted to go to Grammy and Papa's!

Drew kept Papa, Uncle Justin, and anyone else who was available, busy with games, games, and more games!

During part of our cleaning out process, we came across some of our old toys that mom has been saving for her grandkids. This old Fisher Price (?) workbench was one of them. (FYI: For all our family...this was the workbench that Justin cracked his head open on when he was four years old.)

Helping pot Grammy's Mother's Day flowers.

My mom made these capes for Drew and Avery, but Reed was pretty fond of it, too. "Suuuper boy!"

Another project: cleaning out my papers from high school and college. *Shocker* I kept not a one.

See? More games!

Riding bikes and ringing bells!

Oh Lord. I have no idea who thought this was a good idea.

Helping Uncle Jeremy measure and mark for his new trees.

Working on that whole pedaling thing.

We spent a lot of time in the garage setting up for the sale. Drew found himself pretty satisfied sitting with us, watching movies. (Hey Gushee cousins, recognize that table???)

Walks with Papa.

Sunbathing Barbies and Cabbage Patch Dolls. Part of our cleaning process was airing out what's been stored in the basement for so long and purchasing new storage containers for all of it. Such memories in all of these!

Let's just say they were pretty wet after this!

Yes, yes I did let him play in an old dog kennel...

...and allowed them to play with parking cones. Cheap entertainment, what can I say?

Ready for Mardi Gras.

Oh these two. They never quit.

I realized as I was uploading these, that I have absolutely no pictures from Saturday when Justin, Mindy and Perry were at mom and dad's. Drew had such a blast with Perry that afternoon, drawing and playing games together. We all went out as a family that night for dinner at Culver's and then finished the evening playing at the park. Many, many thanks to them for coming down to see us. It meant the world. And of course, so many thanks to the rest of my family for entertaining us all week.

These are the times we won't soon forget.


1 comment:

  1. Aw how I miss my neighbors! Say hello to your mom and dad from me!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete