Monday, May 3, 2010

The Things He Says

I've been keeping this post in my drafts folder for about a month now as I try to record some of Drew's comments. These are the things that crack us up and warm our hearts. These are the things we are sure to forget in a few years. So, what better way to remember than to record them right here!


--------------------------------------------

"I have the hiccups. And the bless yous, too."

--------------------------------------------

[Upon me asking what his brother's name is...] "Reed Donald Duck Vander Waal"

---------------------------------------------

["Why?" questions are beginning to abound. To answer for why we shower, we say "because we're stinky."]
Drew: "Daddy I don't like your stinky. Mama I don't like your stinky either."
Mom: "Oh really. And you think we like your stinky?"
Drew: "Yes you do!"

----------------------------------------------

Dad: "Drew who made you so smart?"
Drew: "Mom did!"
(I think I've shared that one before; just had to share again!) :)

-----------------------------------------------

"Mama, when you get bigger, you'll be two mamas!" (Oh Lord, I hope not!)

------------------------------------------------

"Mama, I need some lipstick!" (Which is odd because I don't even wear lipstick...)

-------------------------------------------------

I was singing some VeggieTales tunes the other day, only to be told, "No Mama, only kids can say that!"

-------------------------------------------------

Drew: "Mom, dance while I play you this song."
Mom: "Okay." (I dance.)
Drew: "Shake your bottom!"

-------------------------------------------------

[We've started to add the "God bless..." at the end of the boys' bedtime prayer.]

Mom & Dad & Drew: "God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy, God bless Drew, God bless Reed, God bless Luci."

[Drew made his own addition the very first time we said this part of the prayer.]
Drew: "God bless everyone!"

--------------------------------------------------

Mom: "What letter is this?"
Drew: "I don't know."
Mom: "It's U."
Drew [very puzzled]: "Why is it me?"


---------------------------------------------------

[After a long bath with Reed, Drew holds Reed's hand and says...]

"I'm gonna eat Reed's raisins."

---------------------------------------------------

"Why? Why? Why? Why? How come...? Why? WHY? WHY?" (AAARRGGHHHHHHH!!!)

---------------------------------------------------

"Mama, I love you so much."

---------------------------------------------------

"Mama, you're a really great Mama." (Oh, I hope he always feels this way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment