Sunday, May 9, 2010

Picture of the Day, Week 18

Chris & Rich Allen are members of our church whom we have come to love and appreciate so much. And they love and appreciate our boys so much! (And vice versa!) They invited us out to lunch today after church...you can see how Drew feels about it! (a cell phone photo, so pretty poor quality)


Today Brad began the week-long project of installing a basketball hoop in our church parking lot. This addition was suggested and approved as a means to utilize our property for outreach and neighborhood activities.


A good friend of mine surprised me today by bringing over dinner as a thank you for babysitting her daughters this afternoon. She made the pasta and bread, and I added the veggies and jello. No effort required...my favorite kind of meal!


Occasionally I have to run errands to Peoria, and because we don't go very often, it tends to be a multi-stop, time-consuming shopping trip. Because we would still be out and about over lunch, I brought along an easy meal, and the boys and I picnicked in the back of the van. (another cell phone upload)

Today was one of those days that *confession* I "encouraged" Drew to watch TV so I could get some things done around the house. It had been a while since he'd watched PBS, so Clifford apparently captured his attention. When I came back into the room, I didn't see him right away because he was so still and silent!


This is Olivia Rae, my goddaughter. Isn't she adorable?!?


Today was Peoria's Race for the Cure. I walked in memory of my grandmother, and I walked with and in celebration of my good friend, Terri, who is a three year survivor. (Pardon the horrible photo - we'd just walked three miles, it was 45 degrees, and super windy. We only took one pic because we were ready to bolt!)







4 comments:

  1. Your photos are wonderful Lesley. I really enjoyed visiting your blog this week!! So wonderful to see you so involved with your church activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! I sometimes do that to my niece Caty, put her in front of the TV with a movie or Sponge Bob. I love having her around but sometimes I do have to do some grown up things, like homework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures this week. We use to picnic in the van too on long trips. I'd forgotten about those times. I think all of us moms encourage our kids sometimes to watch tv, I usually do to scrapbook. That's great to help the church and for your friend. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! Thanks for the walk, that was so neat.

    Hey I encouraged my kids to watch TV many times too. Didn't take much bribbing...

    ReplyDelete