Saturday, September 25, 2010

Celebrating 31

I admit that I didn't think much about my birthday. Maybe it's because I realized I'm getting "older" and celebrating isn't what it used to be. Or, more likely, it's because I'm now "in my 30s" as opposed to just "being 30"...like I've crossed this threshold of, I don't know... oldness.

I'm happy to report, however, that today was tolerable. :)

I was given the gift of sleep as Brad got up with the boys this morning and allowed me a few extra hours of shut eye. Although my body is so used to the 6:30 "alarm" it was a struggle to sleep too much past my normal waking time. But 8:30 is better than 6:30 any day. :)

When I came downstairs, I was greeted with this:


I was showered with gifts in the forms of shopping certificates and love coupons. How wonderful to receive a coupon for time spent alone, help with the dishes, and a date night!

{Wow. I am getting old.}

My boys took me out to dinner at Culvers (my choice!), with a Pumpkin Spice Shake for dessert. Y.U.M.


The icing on my birthday cake, however, was this baby. It all comes down to this...the important stuff. The stuff that makes getting older - being "in my 30s" - an okay place to be.




Thank you, Brad. I love you so, so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment