Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Through and Through (& 18 Months Old)


One of my favorite children's books is I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak.


It's a charming book, with cute illustrations, that tells children that every part of them is loved for all of time. We got this book when Drew was an infant, and when he was 15 months old, I incorporated this book into his scrapbook. Using photos taken by my brother, Justin, I created a layout that tells Drew just how much we love him, using the words to this book.


Last Friday, Reed turned 18 months old. I knew I wanted to create this same kind of layout for Reed's album, and it dawned on me that I had not taken the same kind of photographs yet that Justin had done for Drew. Before it was too late (meaning, before Reed got too much bigger!) I wanted to be sure to capture him right now.


We Love You Through & Through, Monkey

We love your top side.

We love your bottom side.

We love your inside and outside.

We love your happy side,

your sad side,

your silly side,

your mad side.

We love your fingers

and toes,

your ears and nose.

We love your hair and eyes,

your giggles and cries.

We love you running and walking,

silent and talking.

We love you through and through...
yesterday, today, and tomorrow, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment