Sunday, March 14, 2010

Picture of the Day, Weeks 9 & 10

Proof that boys are born with video-gaming DNA.

Reed graduated from the bottle tonight. We finished up the last can of formula just in time to leave for vacation without having to take it with us.

Packed and ready to go!

Florida: here we come! The boys' first time on an airplane.

The rental house we stayed in while in Florida. Four bedrooms, four and a half bathrooms, huge great room, formal dining room, kitchen, breakfast nook, sitting area, game room with pool table, tv and dvd player, bar, master suite, outdoor pool, patio, hot tub and dock, and lots of windows and doors! It is a really beautiful place. I must admit, I felt pretty fancy. ;)

I thought this picture really captured the essence of this vacation: relaxation! We all took it easy, enjoying the long Florida days with each other. These three boys had a blast together!

It was so much fun being able to enjoy time outdoors. Sunny, breezy, and the temps ranged from mid-60s to mid-70s. Loved the weather...

...but the pool wasn't heated. Well, it was supposed to be heated but it never warmed up. Most of the water fun we had involved these water guns. The usual target: Papa. :)

The reason this vacation even happened. Jeremy and Ashley got married today!

Because we flew home on Reed's birthday, we celebrated with my family the night before we left for home. This was about as far as he got into his cake. He was pretty tired by this point in the day, but Drew and Avery were quick to help him out. :)

**There were so many great photos from our vacation, and it was so hard to choose which ones to use here. I tried to use a variety of pictures that best captured our week, but I know that I left out so many people and things. Because this album is serving as our "family scrapbook" I'm going to insert an extra page protector and fill it with other photos from throughout our week in Florida.

Our birthday boy says "ONE!"

Both boys had well-child check-ups today. Reed came home with all of this - 1) amoxicillin for strep throat, 2) vitamins with iron for a low hemoglobin count, and 3) steroidal cream and dry skin lotion for eczema.

We gave Reed one of his birthday gifts while in Florida, but returned the other because with no heated pool, a baby float was no longer necessary. I ran out after we got home and picked him up something different. He opened these this afternoon.

A pizza picnic! We occasionally eat dinner on the living room floor for no other reason than for something fun to do. (And I can also see in this photograph who Drew gets his cheesy grins from. Oh my.)




4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an awesome holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures. The house sounds amazing, I wouldn't want to come home. I think you chose great pictures to share with us from Florida. Happy 1st birthday Reed, love his cake and his face while eating it. We sometimes have a picnic during the summer for lunch, I should do that more often. I enjoyed all the pictures, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your POTD posts! Love the picture of you and the boys on the airplane and can't believe Reed is already one!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent variety of photos this week! The pizza picnic I find especially endearing. I'm going to have to copy that idea!

    ReplyDelete