Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How He Measures Up

I took Reed in to see his new pediatrician last Thursday for his three-year well-child check-up.  There isn't much to share, really.  He's a healthy little guy, with no needs or worries.  I updated the doctor on his previous speech deficit and we talked a bit about potty training.  Other than that, there wasn't a whole lot to talk about.  She examined him, he looks great, and we were out the door.

I'm always the most excited to see how big the boys are when we go to the doctor.  I like to see how much they've grown and where they are measuring on the charts.  Reed weighed in at 40.7 pounds, which wasn't a surprise as he was weighed just a few weeks ago when he was in Express Care for an ear infection.  He is in the 98th percentile for weight, which is where he's been his whole life. :)  And he is 3 feet 2 inches tall, which is in the 76th percentile.

For comparison purposes... when Drew was three-years-old, he weighed 38 pounds and was 3 feet 3 inches tall.

We've always said that someday Reed will surpass Drew in size.  He's built a little bulkier than Drew is, so we predict that Drew will take after Brad and be tall and lean, and Reed will more likely be a bit shorter than Drew with the body of a football player.  Although, I can see that Reed is starting to slim down a bit.  His cheeks aren't as full as they used to be, and his belly isn't as big, either.

And he adamantly tells me he's not my baby anymore. :(


I suppose he isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment