Thursday, March 15, 2012

Looking for Rainbows

Since my previous post regarding some of the things I've started to check off my Pinterest boards as "completed!" I've decided it is high time to get my "fun mom" on.  I used to be fun.  A lot of fun, if I do say so myself. :)  The boys and I did a lot in our time together, when it was just us --- art projects, outdoor activities, making new snacks, sometimes a field trip here or there (like Hobby Lobby or Walmart) ;) --- but it is something that I haven't been able to make a regular part of our day/week since moving.  But no longer!  Last week I began to gather ideas for crafts and snacks to do this week, in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  (Because if you haven't caught on, I'm a "theme" kind of girl.) ;)  One of the things we did yesterday was go on a rainbow hunt.  Combining the outdoors with a purpose is a win/win in my book. :)  {And oh has the weather been gorgeous!}

I'm sure that I read about this idea somewhere (because that's what I do - I steal) - combine a walk around the neighborhood with a good ol' scavenger hunt, looking for things that are the colors of the rainbow.  Reed didn't want to come along, but that turned out to be okay as it allowed Drew and I to have a bit of "just us" time.  However that also meant for a much shorter walk as Drew is a bit more advanced in this type of activity than Reed is.  So off we went, on a short walk up and down our street, looking for the colors of the rainbow.  In order, as per Drew. ;)

 A hydrant, a warning sign, a yard flag, the street signs, a newspaper baggie, and Luci's walking collar.

Pretty, isn't it?

1 comment: