Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Done, Done and DONE!

I think it's safe to say that it has been approximately three years (before Drew was born!) that I have had as productive a weekend as I just had. Wow. And it feels so so good!

My parents left for home yesterday, after spending a full four and a half days here helping us out. I basically put them on "grandparenting" duty while Brad worked and I tackled some much needed spring cleaning around here.

Thursday I cleaned the inside and outside of 12 windows, one ginormous picture window, and three doors...


Friday I washed out the kitchen cupboards (pulling out several items to throw in the garage sale pile)...


and Saturday, with the help of my "I love garages!" Dad, we swept and organized the garage (finding more treasures for a garage sale!).


It felt so good to get something done. It looks so good to see the results. And it motivates me to keep at it! I'm not totally sure what's next on my list...but golly, I'm ready!

Lest you think we had no fun in the midst of all of this work... :)







Thank you, thank you, thank you mom and dad. You gave me the gift of productivity. Without you here, I'd still be on window #3. :)



1 comment:

  1. Wow that's great to get all that done. I know I'm happy when our garage is clean and the windows sparkle it just makes springtime that much nicer. So nice for your parents to help you and to have fun also. Can they come to my house and watch my kids now??

    ReplyDelete