Friday, January 28, 2011

Bubba & Buttercup

Just like last year, I received an e-coupon for a free animal at Build-a-Bear...and I also received a coupon for $5 off my entire purchase. {I heart coupons!} So on Friday morning, I told Drew that I had a surprise for him and Reed, and off to the mall we went.

When we arrived in the doorway of Build-a-Bear...well, let's just say I didn't get the reaction I was hoping for. At least Drew didn't cry in utter disappointment that this was the surprise I'd been raving about - but he wasn't exactly jumping up and down with glee. But once Reed exited his stroller and they began peeking through the bins of unstuffed animals, the energy increased and the smiles started to form.

Drew picked a puppy.

Reed (with some help) picked the (cheaper) brown bear.

And the stuffing began.

Warming up a heart for puppy.

And putting the heart in.

Then it was Reed's turn.

Bathing the boys for the ride home.

Drew took his puppy's grooming very, very seriously.

And Reed's bear's feet got brushed.

Then we named each new friend and put them in their houses to come home with us.

Meet Buttercup (Reed's bear, named by Drew) and Bubba (Drew's puppy, named by Mom).

Our new best friends.

They've been inseparable since Friday. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment