Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A New Princess

My brothers and I are pretty close.

Now.

It wasn't always this way.

In our younger years, we had typical sibling spats, didn't get along that well all the time, and teased each other endlessly.

Wait. Rephrase. I was teased endlessly. Yes, that's right.

And some things never change.

Most recently, I have been nicknamed "The Princess" by my elder brothers. Apparently it has something to do with being the youngest, the only girl, and our dad's favorite.

It's a curse.

But someone must bear the burden.

And yes, at 30 years old, I am still Daddy's Little Girl, and, quite frankly, the cutest.

It had to be said.

But the time has come for me to hand over my crown.


This Princess-in-Training is my oldest brother's baby girl.

I think he's finally starting to understand.

During our visit to Minnesota last week, I informed Addy's daddy that I expected to be hearing a lot less ranting from him about my Princess status. After all, he has a Princess of his own now, and I have a hunch she's already made her mark on her daddy's heart.

It's just the way it's supposed to be, dads and daughters.

They go together.

************************************************

As always, we had a wonderful time during our visit last week. Meeting Adelynn was the highlight of course (I think that sweet thing has stolen all of our hearts!), and we had our fair share of fun. See for yourself!





























No comments:

Post a Comment