Wednesday, December 22, 2010

{Advent Action} Day 3





3 Days Until Christmas

Today's activity: "write thank yous"





My initial thought was to have the boys pre-write their thank you notes for the gifts they'll be receiving for Christmas. I hadn't thought it all the way through, however, as I wasn't sure how they could do that without being super general in their sentiment. And I didn't think they'd understand the idea of thanking someone for something they hadn't received yet.

In the last week, though, the boys have gotten a couple gifts from people at church, so it worked to have them write thank yous for them. However, my boys are 3 1/2 years old and 21 months old. They are polite. They say "thank you" at the appropriate time. But they are little. And to be honest, I'm worn out. I'm tired, and a bit weary from doing Christmas.

So I altered my thinking. I talked with Drew about writing thank you notes, and how important it is that we express our gratitude towards those whom have given us much. Or little. ;) And then I took it from there.

I'm big into sending greeting postcards these days, so I wanted to stick with that idea for our thank yous. I printed these postcards from here. I then developed photos of the boys with their new gifts.

Using spray adhesive, I glued together the photo with the appropriate thank you postcard, and there you have it.

I think I'll have Drew give it a try after Christmas. I'll have him dictate and I'll write. :)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showcasing my free postcard download. We are big believers in thank you notes in our house, too! Wishing you the merriest of holidays!

    ReplyDelete