Sunday, December 19, 2010

{Advent Action} Day 6






6 Days Until Christmas

Today's activity: "make a Christmas craft"





I wanted to do this activity earlier in the Advent season, but to be frank, I struggled to find an idea that would be suitable for both Drew and Reed. Then, after some looking (like, three weeks of looking) online, I found some inspiration and come up with this.

However, this wasn't exactly how I envisioned it. I had something a bit different in mind, but I think this worked out a little better anyway. Sometimes you just gotta go with it. :)

Anyway, my idea was to decorate a paper tree. My Cricut (man, I love that thing) cut out a Christmas tree that had holes in it. I gave the boys some of my scrap paper, and they went to town gluing the paper over the holes so that on the other side they'd look like pretty ornaments.

Let me allow my model to show you...

See??

Then we used markers and glitter glue to spruce it up a bit, and wah-la!

Beautifully decorated trees!


A bit of the process...

Gluing

Excited

Cutting

Decorating

Glittering


I found several other "must-do" crafts in my online searching, so I've bookmarked them for next year. I just love making things with my hands...and while the boys are excited to do such things, we're gonna!



No comments:

Post a Comment